Sunday, January 28, 2007

Week 7: Thing 16

I was surprised and impressed by the Stevens County Rural Library District's wiki. I have a bad habit of assuming that rural equals behind the times, but that's not the case at all. If they can do it, maybe we can to? My favourite article on their site was their Manga booklist. It's a list of the series that they own, and a brief summary of the series, with a link to their catalogue. At my last job I ordered the manga, and all I can say is "I wish I thought of that!" It's #9 on their list of popular articles, so I'm not the only one who likes it.

I don't understand what "What types of applications within libraries might work well with a wiki?" is asking. Applications? I'll wait for the official week 7, ask for more information, and come back to this one.

No comments: