Saturday, January 6, 2007

Week 3: Thing 7

Got lost? I did.

In the past there were 3 ways to get from point A to B. 1) plot your route on a map, 2) ask a friend and 3) throw yourself on the mercy of a gas station attendant.

Now there are 2 better options: 1) online maps ie google maps (my personal favorite), yahoo maps, etc. and 2) GPS.

On Friday I used Google maps to find directions to the Campbell Library, a 15 minute trip, that round-trip would have used half my lunch. I got lost, I couldn't find the street I wanted. I drove around in circles. I tried to get directions at a gas station. I had to spend $5 for a map. It took 1 hour to get to the library.

What I want is GPS navigation. There are fantastic companies out there ie Magellan, Pharos, Garmin, etc. with great products. When the price drops? Ooooh, I'm so there.

No comments: