Saturday, January 6, 2007

Week 1: Thing 2

The 7 and a half learning points were all very interesting, but 2 really struck a cord with me. The easiest for me is "Accept responsibility for your own learning." Learning in library school was easy, because either the information was handed to you or you were told what information you needed. The real world is drastically different. So now I make an effort to sign up for as many workshops, seminars, conferences, and talks as I can. Either not enough or maybe too many, depending on your perspective.

"Begin with the end in mind." is difficult for me. The end is always in the back of my mind, but for the goals that seem impossibly far away, it's easier to focus on the steps towards the goal. It's easier to work towards "losing 5 pounds in January" than "looking fantastic in the summer."

I wonder why they made the list 7 and a half instead of making "Play" the 8th point.

I'm feeling pretty good about this.

No comments: