Sunday, February 11, 2007

Week 9, #20 YouTube and a few sites

I am a crazy cat lady. Cat videos are my crack-cocaine. YouTube is my dealer. It started all innocently. I heard of YouTube, but it was only when Google bought it for zillions that I really cared. So I decided to take a closer look. I don't remember how I found Mr Tasty Face's Tasty Face, but now I've seen all of skeezixthecat's video, and can't get enough. More. I constantly need more. Ok, enough about me...onto the assignment.


Have you seen "Ray of Light" St. Joseph County Public Library Version? It's a library video definitely worth seeing...I've already shown it at the Nov 2006 Youth Services meeting (not as effective as it could have been due to no sound; but I'm not getting back on the sound soap box. Promise.) I have no idea how long it took to do, but made me want to work there*! This is a great example of what we have the potential to do.



Because I'm not looking for anything specific, I find the site very easy to use. Pretty much anything I find is what I'm looking for. Specific themed searches, that might be harder. It'll be interesting how YouTube's legal troubles over copyright with Viacom affect the site. Things will have to change, but how? Will YouTube still be cool? Will people still be watching YouTube?

*South Bend, Indiana? No thanks.

No comments: