Saturday, February 3, 2007

Week 8, #18 online productivity (word processing, spreadsheet) tools.

Zoho is great! MS Office has never run correctly on my home computer, and this is a fantastic alternative to dealing with that. Of course, I think I like this better than Word! It's such a struggle to make the little accent over the "e" in San Jose, that I actively avoid using the word Jose (which make my writing a little awkward at times.) Instead, Zoho has an icon leading to special characters, and tada, I can make the é.

It's interesting to me that I can try something new like this, but it already feels familiar. Like driving a new car. Things are slightly different, but fundamentally the same in the most important ways. I'm hoping to remember this the next time I hesitate to try something new because it's "too hard" or "too scary." And unlike with vegetables, I know it won't taste nasty!

1 comment:

Arvind said...

Thanks for using Zoho Writer and writing about it here, Vanessa!

Web services like Zoho Writer are less complex and hence very easy to learn/use as you found out.

Check out all the Zoho apps at http://zoho.com